Featured Post

See it, like it, click it

Something I notice from my so called fans. They see it and like it, but do they really click it? The answer is no!! Don't think I don...

Friday, April 12, 2024

Tough Butter

I wasn't really planning on doing a blog story today. But this had to be announced, because I can't hold this information any longer. Before I tell you what it is that's got me pacing the floors, let me tell you what's rolling through my mind first.
So this month is the author Fest at Enid Library. If you've seen any posts on social media you know I've been bringing this up for a while now. It's almost getting to the point of being annoying. But you can understand the concern when you've made an announcement about this and you end up questioning if anyone has seen it. Let me tell you, Facebook keeps no record of views, just likes and that's not much since facebook mostly presents to close related people. Let's talk about Instagram. That is a site that might get attention, but only for popular information, funny clips, and celebrity content. It seems to only reach out to those who have a relation to the topic, and (correct me if I'm wrong)  new author's don't have a place in that. Youtube does no good. Once again, it's mostly the attention for movie/ tv buffers, pointless "funny" clips, video games, and sometimes music.
Lastly there is TikTok. Now you an get away with a lot on Tik Tok. But it's mostly for good laughs. 
What is the point of all this bashing on different social medias? This all leads to the point I'm trying to make about what it takes to get attention from an audience from social media. It's the quick terms that seems to spread out the most. Those are the videos that stand for about 60 seconds or less. Hard to get full information of that. Reels seem to spread pretty far, but they only seem to spread to the best categorized audience. Which of course are for those who make pointless funny videos.
Now this is coming from experience. Because some videos reach to 200 views, others reach to 1000. What makes them different? What your audience care about more. Art, TV, and jokes.At least, that's what I tend to notice.
This all leads to the question of who is interested in the Author Fest in Enid?

Now that's half of the story. If you want more, read the next blog, coming tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment