All Cricut machines are different, that's for sure. I purchased a Cricut Joy and have learned it's NOT made for stickers. To make stickers, you need to request a print and cut, which is not an option for a Joy. Looks to me like all the others have that option.
Now, a Joy holds 4.5 by 6.5-inch sheets. Which means projects are going to be small. And gosh, I made some tiny cards. Not much I can do with that. I've also learned about the sticker situation that you can widen the perimeter to cut more around the image; the only issue is, the print and the cutting process don't align. I do wonder what's different WITH print and cut than without it. You have to be crafty without it.
Now, this is what ticked me off. On the app, you can choose a ton of cutouts to use, but of course everything comes with a price. And even though you do get free options, the best ones cost. Now, they aren't expensive, but making a project with a bundle of them is like buying some chocolate bars at 7-Eleven.
I also learned that you can have tracings made with a fine-point pen provided by Cricut. I tried making some stickers that way... But they didn't turn out right... I still have a few things to learn. Like when to use ATTACH and EFFECTS and other helpful things. Did I mention I'm still learning?
But I've learned a few things. There are a few things you can do to get images for free. One of the easiest ways is to find cutouts online... There was only one issue I had with that. You see
, this is a pocket bookmark, a new piece of merch we wish to create for Shiver and Fears books. Now, the issue is, they do have this cut out available, but of course you have to pay for it. I tried to find this image, but no websites make it easy to find. In fact, one > False help page said it would give a template, but instead it's just a way for them to get your email address. You don't even need a real email to get it. Believe me, it's a trap!
, this is a pocket bookmark, a new piece of merch we wish to create for Shiver and Fears books. Now, the issue is, they do have this cut out available, but of course you have to pay for it. I tried to find this image, but no websites make it easy to find. In fact, one > False help page said it would give a template, but instead it's just a way for them to get your email address. You don't even need a real email to get it. Believe me, it's a trap!The image I'm showing you now was made by AI, but that wasn't easy because AI kept hesitating to make it. Asking questions and comments about how to make it, finally I got it.
But here is the best part. I learned that there is a way to copy and paste the image, and instead of saving the images on my computer, I save them on the app. Which I want to categorize, but I can only make 5 before having to pay for them. No worries though, I only need a BIRTHDAY, CHRISTMAS, and SHIVER AND FEARS for now.
Not sure what kind of projects I'll be making once I purchase a Joy Ultra, but it will require some fine-point pens in different colors, vinyl, and cardstock.

No comments:
Post a Comment