Featured Post

See it, like it, click it

Something I notice from my so called fans. They see it and like it, but do they really click it? The answer is no!! Don't think I don...

Friday, March 6, 2020

The Answer to Your Question

Saturday I told you about why I'm not too concerned about editing. You might disagree with my choices, If you do, then understand you haven't left a comment post, so I assume I'm correct!
Now the question I left you with earlier is why am I going after adults when Shiver and Fears is for young readers? Here's your answer:
Who buys books online? Who handles mostly all the money? How many kids themselves have a social media account? Now, you might have an answer I can't disagree with, but once again, no comment means I'm correct.
The answer is mostly parents. Parents spent time shopping online and on social media, parents have hold of all the money (given the choice and give some to their child) So even if I can convince 5 kids to buy a Shiver and Fears book, they wouldn't be able to without a request to their guardian.
There's also another reason too, I grew up reading Goosebumps, it was my choice in reading for years. Now that I'm an adult I try to reach out to other adults my age who have a big chance of loving goosebumps as well. Because if they love Goosebumps, Shiver and Fears might interest them as well. Although they are the ones who would read and complain about grammar, it's important to understand editing isn't as free as publishing or as simple as social media promotion.
It's important to realize authors do their best and judging more on minor spelling and grammar mistakes than the story itself is very poor judgment to me and anyone else who wants to be a simple writer.
 In fact, come back later this month and I'll show you how well a story can be told with minor mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment