Featured Post

See it, like it, click it

Something I notice from my so called fans. They see it and like it, but do they really click it? The answer is no!! Don't think I don...

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Finally done, the first book of 2021

 

And there it is!

I have just finished the writing of Shiver and Fears: Invasion of the Dog-Snakes. I think this was my most difficult story. About part way through chapter 15 I wasn't sure where the story would lead. I kind of had an idea where I wanted it to go, but where I was,I didn't know how to lead it in that direction.

One thing I never really done in story writing is get the characters in such a big situation, the only solution is the item revealed from earier in the story. I didn't really have that and with only 5 chapters left I wasn't sure how I'd get there.

Lucky for me I was able to find a solution and fit it within the 5 chapters. I really think this story is different. Most Shiver and Fears stories don't include families involved in the problem. This one had to be different due to how the whole family was in danger.

Another thing I think that is different is the ending. NO SPOILERS! But I will say I think it ended very similar to a Goosebumps book. And the one thing that is surely unique about this book is the cover. This including "The Happiest Show Ever" and "Sibling Subtraction" are all edited by pictures, not drawings.

What's next in the series? Shiver and Fears is having a sleepover! Similar to "A Creepy Christmas" 5 mini stories are being told about 5 different teens spending the night at their friend's house. How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment