Featured Post

See it, like it, click it

Something I notice from my so called fans. They see it and like it, but do they really click it? The answer is no!! Don't think I don...

Monday, January 16, 2023

MLK Parade 2023- Shiver and Fears

There were so many fans at that parade, but just not enough cards and candy to pass out, not to mention not enough hands to get to everyone. It's hard work. To pass out to dozens of hands, catch up with your ride, and reload yourself every time.
Here's what I learned: 
  Don't share with those behind your ride, share with those in front. If you run ahead and hand candy or whatever to people in front, instead behind, the ride will catch up with you. That makes it easy to grab more candy than being behind, racing up to the car every few seconds and going further back to reach more people.

  Get a load of 500+ I only had a load of 100 cards, I ran out before even getting to the heart of the parade and about 500 pieces of candy. We ended with a small load, (like 3 candies for each team member)

  Everyone can't get what they want. There are over 10,000 hands who are begging for candy. My advice for that is only hand out candy to those who acknowledge you. I would wave around with a smile, not even showing off the candy, if they wave back, I give them a piece, especially if they were kids. That way you have a reason to give people your attention. It's like a secret message to the people. That way you're not choosing whoever and giving people a chance to greet you.

  The last piece of a advice I is present your business with a catch phrase, shirt, or poster. There I was without a card to give to anyone, But, it was on my shirt, I had it on my poster, but what I felt helped people the most was saying "READING IS IMPORTANT, SO CHILL OUT WITH SHIVER AND FEARS!" Not sure how much it helped, but with that phrase hopefully people understand Shiver and Fears has to do with books and check it out based on the phrase, "chill out" 

The video i have here may not show much. But you get whatever you can when you put together a team. But i want to know what you think we should do differently for next year's parade. Comment your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment