Featured Post

See it, like it, click it

Something I notice from my so called fans. They see it and like it, but do they really click it? The answer is no!! Don't think I don...

Friday, January 8, 2016

not good enough for some people

   As an author you have to be ok to get complaints from fans. Just earlier this month I received a message from the winner of the Christmas give-a-way. He said Shiver and Fears was no good because of it technique of writing. The middle alignment and lack of paragraph made it a terrible book to read.
   Truth is he ordered my very first creation The Unlucky Charm. It was then all I was focused on was marketing my first book. I always dreamed to become famous, but never realized writing had so many rules:
  1. use paragraphs
  2. use left alignment
  3. use proper grammar
  4. use good font
  5. correct pucuation
and so on and so on...
It was around the point of The Beast Within the Bed I gave it a shot. Sure it's not hard when giving it a chance, but why have rules on how to write? I mean I understand we can't go all willy nilly with writing and type like: 'did You see. my Dog. "He whent that way!' But do you know hiring a proof reader or an editor isn't easy? We authors get paid after selling a book no after we make it. Editors, even marketers get paid before their job is done! so not fair.
   I'm an author, but I'm no pro. When I work on an audio book I have to let my narrator know to fix the story before reading it. The point is to give me a chance, you know what they say... "You can't judge a book by it's writing."

No comments:

Post a Comment