Featured Post

See it, like it, click it

Something I notice from my so called fans. They see it and like it, but do they really click it? The answer is no!! Don't think I don...

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Author live in person




School is finally out for this teacher, and what a month of work. Just earlier Shiver and Fearshad been presented in front of young readers of the grade of 3rd. After reading An Old Bite, A Puppet Family and a summary of The Ghost of Future Me, students were wowed with dozens of questions. Even the teachers were amazed with the story behind Shiver and Fears.
Throughout the week, I was no longer known to those kids as a teacher they've seen in the hall. I was now Mr. AJ Hard, the teacher who published books. Although, it's ashame. Today 4 of our student will be making their way to 5th grade. Them and the other 8 never knew this about their own teacher! Why were they never told? It wasn't because I was ashamed or anything. It was because I didn't want to lose the realationship I already had with them.
To those students of mine I was a teacher and I wasn't ready to advance that title, not just yet. Although I did think, maybe if I had shown them one of my books, maybe they would better understand  how a book is formed.
Anyway, I hope that next year  Shiver and Fears can reach out to more students. In fact my plan is to have a book published by the school, for the school. But we'll have to see what this year holds for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment