Featured Post

See it, like it, click it

Something I notice from my so called fans. They see it and like it, but do they really click it? The answer is no!! Don't think I don...

Saturday, December 12, 2020

The Most Busiest Time of the Year

 Why is it December is the busiest month for Shiver and Fears? It because we’re not reaching out to just fans. We reach out to friends, family, and new fans as well. Not to mention getting things ready for the holidays. For one thing, I go Christmas shopping for as many people as possible, decorate and play music for many people to see and hear, and send cards to dozens of people. But I’m not just done there. 

    January 2020 was Shiver and Fears first time being the Martin Luther King Parade. I want to do it again for 2021. Which means everything needs to be getting set in December.  

So, let's recap what Shiver and Fears author, me, is doing in December: Practicing music, decorating, shopping AND wrapping presents, preparing for the MLK parade, and the casual writing books, teaching, and helping at church... 


I’m full of Christmas spirit and want to spread the joy to others. You might be a person who recognizes grumpy people, or might be labeled as a person in a careless rush. But this is not the season for that. This is the season to look past people who are upset, grumpy, pushy, and saying stuff like “I hate Christmas” and to wish them the merriest of holidays, and hope for the best. 

Surprising to hear from a horror fiction writer, I know, but the thing is I don’t write horror fiction because I love horror. I write to reach to those kids who don’t want an original baby story about “The Sad Little Ghost”, or “The Monster that Couldn’t Scare” But something exciting and fun.  I might say thing like “Scary Creepsmas!” but the warm feeling of Christmas itself makes me shine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment